A tactic for LGBT Christians and their constituent allies in Faith
While it is important to extend grace, love, and compassion to Conservatives who believe that our/our friends’[for Hetero. allies] feelings are an abomination, that same humility must coincide with firmness! Because remember, if their stance is not against just you. Rather against every man, woman, and child that feels romantically for the same sex (or are transgender/both)!
Matthew 18:15-20 sums up how to handle the matter perfectly:
“If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
In this way, defend those hurt by Bible-Abuse.
What is a Christian?
That is to say: What do they look like?
I say, boldly, that Crusaders, many of the Medieval, Renaissance, and 18th century *popes(Urban II who called the Crusades), and modern day Fundamentalists are not Christians. Now I’m not saying that they are all going to hell(thats God’s place, not mine), but I can say that they do not reflect Christs love in much/most of what they do.
So to establish what Christians are we must look at Scripture:
- (Matt. 26:33-40) Jesus replied: “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- (Matt 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.”
- (1 John 4:)“ Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
- Matt. (18:21-22) “Then Peter came up and said to him, ‘Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.’ “
- (Matt 7:1) “Judge not, lest you be judged.”
Essentially, a Christian loves everyone, always forgives, never judges, isn’t materialistic, and loves God over all. Christ says in John 14:15,”If you love me, you will obey what I command.” Or, at least, they try too; and they repent when he/she fails too to do what they should, knowing that God’s love will forgive them(though they will have to deal with the consequences of their actions on Earth).
This criteria establishes a simple, Biblical criteria for what a Christian is and must challenge the idea of a biggoted, uneducated hate-mongerer as being the stereotype for Christians. This criteria also makes it apparent that, despite statistics, there aren’t as many Christians as is believed.
Food for Thought
*(I am not saying that ALL Popes failed as Christians)