- Being gay is not a choice.
- There are gay Christians.
- Gay couples do enter into long-term, committed, loving, and monogamous relationships.
- Every word translated as “homosexual” in the modern versions of the Bible is speaking of same sex behavior in an extreme circumstance.
- The church is not offering a model of being gay and Christian and living a virtuous life before God.
- Asking gay people to deny their natural sexual orientation is destructive.
- Bisexual people are attracted to both sexes in varying degrees.
- There is no “radical gay agenda” and no demand for “special rights.”
- he loss of gay believers to the Church has been tragic.
- The loudest message the gay community hears from Christians is one of intolerance and hatred.
A member of my family recently posted a “10 things people should know about homosexuality,” which was an article, by a pastor, that was very homophobic in nature. It made me, a queer Christian, incredibly angry. So I sat down and wrote out a rebuttal using the Bible (and a few resources you wonderful folks provided) to debunk the list and create a new one supporting our community. Anyway, thought you’d like the link to the post: http://disgruntledchristian.tumblr.com/post/55891842870/dear-pastor-mike
Thanks guys! You’re doing such an awesome job. :)
I quite like what this person has written.